I’ve been through this many times before making many posts about the same thing usually every couple of years. In the last three it was accelerated by boredom, because COVID and because funemployment.
But I think I finally got there, I’m trying too hard to be too many things, kind of running from myself way. I’m too old for that shit now and far too broke to be ordering the next domain to restart over and over.
I mean this is probably because of the whole abandonment / daddy / mommy / insert mental disorder trigger here issues, but I ain’t no psychotherapist and capitalism ain’t gonna let me deal with that problem any time soon.
Part of this big shift to kevin.paris (while also using kevin.barcelona and kevin.quebec) is that is what I am, I am Kevin and I live in Paris. I’ve also been almost living in Barcelona and not exactly Québec but close enough. Can’t run from that and ChatGPT already stole my data on that topic.
Here I provide proof of my claims
Paris, fuck knows, anytime from 2013 to today
So that brings us back to this project. Everything. Must. Come. To. kevin.paris(.barcelona / .quebec) and because I didn’t really think this plan out I didn’t install one instance of WP to use with BuddyPress but whatever we take it as we go.
Accurate vibe I’m feeling hunched over this computer
This project is breaking in to small little bits to have that “fresh” feeling and be a little more (lol) organised than the original concept of “great archive”. What I have is :
- BBS / Retro stuff to mmn.kevin.quebec
- Food things to tasteofpoverty.kevin.paris
- Blogging / Journaling to en.journal.kevin.paris or fr.journal.kevin.paris with a mirror on blog.sus.fr because I can’t figure out how to change that in Plume (and don’t want to)
- Anything in Catalan (because I suck at it and don’t do much in it for the moment) to ca.kevin.barcelona
- Amusing side things like The Sims over to their own subdomain (eg thesims.kevin.paris)
- and the “portals” at kevin.paris, en.kevin.paris, and ca.kevin.barcelona
It is about as sane as I can get so far. I still have a load of the static stuff I put together for oh.mg, om.gay, and sus.fr which I’m not too sure what, where, and why but it’ll probably end up either subdomain stuff or integrated in to something else.
So that is where I am at, I’m more happier with this concept, and I’m not allowed to go off course (again). I do also have a professional domain + website but that is sticking to the way it is, I don’t want old business in the front party in the back to mix.